Principal Robotic Controls Engineer
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Who we are
With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform, Symbotic is
changing the way consumer goods move through the supply chain.
Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a
high-density, end-to-end system - reinventing warehouse automation
for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
What we need
Symbotic is currently seeking a Principal Robotic Controls Engineer
to join our Mobile Robotics Control team. We are looking for a
creative and collaborative person who thrives in an agile
development environment. The role requires excellent communication
skills, and the ability to collaborate in a highly cross-functional
environments along with strong technical problem-solving skills and
passion to tackle real world challenges in robotics.
What we do
We are a talented team of roboticists working on the heart of
Symbotic's automation solution - Symbot, the mobile robot. We are
responsible for delivering solutions for the storage and retrieval
use cases performed in a fully autonomous structure operating 100s
of Symbots at customer sites.
What you will do
- Own design, development and testing of control algorithms for
mobile robot's case handling tasks - navigation and
- Owns delivery of robotic control software in a diverse team of
roboticists and software engineers.
- Subject matter expert sensor fusion estimation techniques and
control algorithms for autonomous navigation and manipulation.
- Collaborates with cross-functional engineering and product
teams on planning, design, and development of new and existing
- Owns quality, reliability and testability of the software
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design by
investigating issues related to product performance or production
- Identify risks and provide solutions that lead to successful
customer deliveries and improvements in system performance.
- Up to 10% of travel may be required
What you will need
- Bachelor, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Robotics, Aerospace or related discipline.
- 8-12 years' of demonstrated experience in development of
algorithms for mobile robot localization, manipulation and
- Demonstrated ability to deliver robotics software products
deployed in real world.
- Knowledge of C++ Embedded coding and design patterns, suitable
for real time environments.
- Knowledge of real time or embedded operating systems and
threading and communication issues related to real time operating
- Experience with software process and version control
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to explain/teach technical concepts to others.
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, Salem , Principal Robotic Controls Engineer, Engineering , Salem, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!