Company: Groom Construction Co.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Immediate Hire! The estimator will be responsible for estimating
commercial and institutional construction projects in a timely
manner with the ability to fully read specifications and drawings,
legends, and equipment schedules, following different document
iterations (schematic, construction, and permit sets). We are
searching for an estimating professional that is self-motivated,
extremely well organized, and accurate; excels in a fast-paced
deadline-oriented environment, and is capable of working in a team
environment as well as taking on smaller projects individually with
supervision. The successful candidate will be an excellent
communicator with an ability to prioritize and multitask.
Responsibilities: · Build/Submit Proposals (Includes Budgeting,
Scheduling, & Overall Approach to a Project )
· Manage Subcontractor Invitation to Bid (ITB)
· Scope Takeoffs
· Subcontractor scoping/leveling
· Perform Project Buyout & Contracting after Project Award
· Maintain knowledge of competitive advantages in the industry to
aid the bidding process
· Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
· Obtain accurate quotes for materials and systems to establish
accurate cost estimates Qualifications: · Bachelor's degree desired
in construction management, civil engineering, mechanical
engineering or equivalent experience · Solid understanding of basic
· Familiarity with blueprints and ability to read plans
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
Procore, On-screen Takeoff (OST) and Building Connected
· 3- 5 years' of construction experience preferred; *Willing to
train the right candidate.
Keywords: Groom Construction Co., Salem , Estimator, Professions , Salem, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!