Family Support Worker- Family Resource Center
Company: Pathways for Children, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Pathways we nurture young children and support families
impacted by economic and social inequity through programs that
educate, enrich, empower and motivate. Do you want to make a
difference in the lives of children and their families? - Do you
want to feel like you have accomplished something wonderful at the
end of the day? - -We are looking to hire a Family Support Worker
for our new Family Resource Center. - The ideal candidate has
experience with children of all ages and has developed skills in
the area of connecting families with resources and is competent
working with diverse populations. - -We value collaboration and
appreciate open dialogue in each program and within our corporate
office and embrace the core values - -respect, trust,
collaboration, and opportunity. We work hard to provide a safe and
respectful environment for our employees, children and families
2 positions available in Salem, MA - -35 hours per week 52 weeks
per year24.00-26.00 per hour to start depending on experience and
credentialsWHAT WILL YOU DO?The Family Support Worker (FSW) is
responsible for connecting families to services offered in the
program and in the community which meet the individual needs of
consumers. - The ideal candidate will have knowledge of child and
youth development, excellent organization skills, will be a
self-starter, be a team player, be strength-based, and have
previous experience in case management or family support work. The
FSW develops the FRC calendar and hosts parent and Youth Support
groups. The FSW will also facilitate parenting classes for our
members. The FSW is responsible for recruiting and providing
support to volunteers who shall lead specialized support groups as
- Creates and maintains high quality and timely member
documentation to ensure compliance with internal and external
- Participate and plan events at the Family Resource Center.
- Distribute tangible goods to members, as needed.
- Attend Family Support Worker cohort meetings held by DCF, as
well as other assigned meetings and taskforces as assigned.
- Collaborate with community partners to ensure member needs are
- Complete outreach and follow-up calls to members.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform appropriate interventions
in the event of a member crisis, per program/contract
- Facilitates, attends, and participates in regular staff and
programmatic meetings as needed to maintain program operational
and/or administrative compliance.
- Seeks professional development opportunities, including agency
meetings, supervision, and internal and/or external trainings and
other program activities as required.WHAT DO YOU NEED? -
- Four years related experience and/or training required
- Associate's degree preferred but not required; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- High energy level and demonstrated ability to function in a
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication,
conflict resolution and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate via email and to utilize an
electronic record database
- Bilingual and/or Bicultural preferred.
- Travel required to various locations throughout the Cape Ann/
North Shore area (depending on your office location)
- Travel required to attend necessary meetings and events to
support the work of the Family Resource Center. -Other Requirements
- Successfully complete an employment physical
- Pass CORI, SORI, DCF, and fingerprint clearance
- Comply with Head Start vaccine policy and mask mandate
- Possess valid MA driver's license and proof of auto insurance,
dependable vehicle and acceptable driving recordWHAT DO WE
OFFER?Internal growth! We often hire from within to help our
employees reach their greatest potentialQuality supervision and
personal/professional growth including tuition reimbursement.
-Heath and Dental Insurances, Life and Long Term Disability
InsurancesRetirement Plans such as 401 (K) and ROTHEarned Time Off
(sick, personal, and vacation time)EOE/AA - - . - We strongly
encourage people of color, LGBTQ, and/or members from communities
that are historically underrepresented to apply.
Keywords: Pathways for Children, Inc., Salem , Family Support Worker- Family Resource Center, Other , Salem, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!