As a Per Diem Residential Counselor, you will provide direct
support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
in a small group residential setting or an individual living
arrangement. In your role you will work together with the people we
serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff
to transform their lives by either building independence skills or
increasing each person's quality of life.
Per Diem Residential Counselors have a range of duties include
administrating medication under the Medication Administration
Program (MAP), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people
with activities of daily living, such as household chores and
cooking. You also strengthen residents' connection to their
community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping
and doctor's appointments.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts
Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of
Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff
are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make
decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training,
great benefits, career growth and job security!
The benefits of becoming Per Diem at Vinfen include:
- Flexibility to work around YOUR availability with the ability
to pick up from just a few hours to over 40 hours per week
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd and overnight shifts
- Both individual shifts and long term assignments available
- Paid certification training including CPR, First Aid and
- Ability to participate Vinfen's employee referral program which
awards $500 - $2,000 bonuses for successful referrals with no
- Earn up to 5 days of paid sick time in a calendar year
- Eligibility to participate in Springfield College grant program
for continued education
- Discounted YMCA memberships and access to wellness
- Other generous benefits and perks
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading
nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by
building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and
communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more
about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions,
please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home,
DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental
health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral,
rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services,
human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy,
developmental disability, recovery, Part time, Per diem, Direct
- High school diploma or GED required. A bachelor's degree in a
Human Services related field is preferred.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities
and/or acquired brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least
one year and access to a reliable, fully insured vehicle.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks
of employment, Safety Care certified within 90 day