Department Description: Farr 10 is a 31 bed Medical/Surgical
floor specializing in the care of Kidney, Liver, and Pancreas
transplant patients in both the peri-op and post operative periods.
The patient population tends to be highly acute and often
chronically ill as common diagnoses include End Stage Liver and End
Stage Renal Disease. Nursing responsibilities include
administration of blood products, high-risk IV medications,
immunosuppressant's, and teaching related to caring for your graft,
drains, and post-transplant lifestyle changes.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 35701BR
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy
of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art
& science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients,
families, and communities. The Clinical Nurse II utilizes the
nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a
professional registered nurse and provides direct nursing care to
patients and families. Training, evaluation and competencies for
this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
* Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing
judgments. Responsible for systematically assessing the health care
needs of individuals or groups and for the formulation of a care
plan, its implementation and evaluation. Demonstrates the ability
for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with
practical experience in caring for patients
* Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive
personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable
and timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates awareness of
environmental forces on health care of patients and their families.
Demonstrates the ability to identify resources necessary to
implement the plan of care.
* Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other
health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and
families. Develops relationships with patients and families that
maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates
effectively in the exchange of information. Demonstrate the ability
to act as a patient advocate.
* Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which
include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Identifies
needs for continued growth and development in conjunction with the
unit based educator or clinical nurse specialist. Participates in
activities that contribute to professional development of self May
participate in quality improvement activities.
* Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff, and to Beth
Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice
reflects the goals of the Medical Center. Demonstrates
responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and
* Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
* License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic
Life Support required.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a
basic level within web-based applications.
* Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and
procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general
guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or
unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by
* Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
* Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
* Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
* Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects
or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
* Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care
to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young
adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and
or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature
and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority
of their shift.