Control System Software Engineer
Company: Nordson Corporation
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in
Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our
employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach
our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve
and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson
employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities
around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices
and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and
minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and
interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced
Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical
balloons to the medical device industry. - Nordson MEDICAL works
with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the
world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch
and beyond. -
As part of our New Equipment Technology Roadmap, the Control System
Software Engineer will be responsible for employing technical
knowledge to develop and implement solutions to expand Nordson
Medical's engineering capabilities in our GMP production
environment. This Roadmap will require an SME to apply Digital
Transformation - Industry 4.0 to our Operations Technology
platform, thus managing all the software, hardware, and
architecture challenges across the intersection of automation,
processes, and equipment.
The Software Engineer will work with the Project Management, and
Integration team to provide technical solutions for internal
customer projects that improve manufacturing operations'
capabilities, efficiency, and reliability. This person will also
utilize a systematic approach to diagnose and resolve controls and
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and own critical Smart Factory application supporting
plant operations, including application support, development of
additional features, and support of application expansion.
- Implement key Smart Factory technologies through hands-on
configuration/development and integration with IT systems and
supporting the execution of Smart Factory projects.
- Collaborate effectively with a wide range of business and
technical stakeholders at all levels (OT Architecture, Enterprise
Architecture, Data and analytics, Digital Risk Mgmt.) to ensure the
design and implementation of secure Smart Factory technologies
aligning with Enterprise Strategy, adhering to standards and best
practices, while maintaining credibility and serving as a trusted
- Lead the digital transformation of the existing platform to
Industry 4.0 standards. -
- Researching, creating, testing, and documenting automation
- Providing solutions to issues related to the connection of
networks and platforms.
- Analyze, update, and integrate legacy systems into newer
- Developing software that monitors and executes processes.
- Designing platform solutions that are cloud-compatible and work
with MES/SCADA applications.
- Developing software that allows IoT devices to function and
connect to other devices.
- Apply manufacturing standards and processes and ability to
translate manufacturing regulations into Automation and digital
- Works with leadership to advance and facilitate the long-term
vision and goals for the roadmap of the New Equipment Technology &
- Utilize effective project management techniques to
independently execute project deliverables. This includes managing
scope, schedule, risk, and budget.
- Comprehend and support all cGMPs, safety, and environmental
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical
Engineering/ Computer Science. Master of Science preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the design, development, and
implementation of state-of-the-art control solutions in
- 5+ years of experience in developing Operation Technology
architecture and infrastructure.
- 5+ years of software development for Industry 4.0
- Education, certifications, and demonstrable relevant expertise
Skills and Abilities
- Well-versed with programming languages such as Embedded-C,
Embedded C++, and Python
- Expertise with data software platforms and API protocols (REST,
SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of PLCs and sensors
- Knowledge of communication protocols TCP/IP, MQTT, RS485,
- Experience working with front-end and back-end systems.
- Experience with custom-built firmware and hardware.
- Experience with MES / SCADA systems (Ignition, Tulip & Rockwell
- Experience with database (SQL, Oracle)
- Familiarity with Big Data, machine learning algorithms and
- Knowledge of device and data security
- Working knowledge of Industry 4.0
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure
- Experience of Power BI
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
Travel RequiredEstimated _20%
#LI-NS1Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to
all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated
against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race,
religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or
any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful
completion of our pre-employment drug screening and
background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third
party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of
Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring
manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered
unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a
placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract
with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting
a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will
not be considered a valid contract for service.
Keywords: Nordson Corporation, Salem , Control System Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Salem, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!