Company: Groom Construction Co.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Groom Construction is proud to be a family-owned company with a
commitment to our employees that extends beyond "just business". We
are committed to developing happy and healthy employees who are
just as passionate about construction as we are. Groom offers an
array of benefits to ensure you and your future are well cared for.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. Job Assignment: We're currently looking for highly
motivated, self-sufficient individuals that are extremely
productive and drive to produce the highest quality results in a
fast-paced, demanding atmosphere for our local residential and
travel retail departments. Candidates must have both rough and
finished carpentry skills and other light construction experience.
Travel is required with accommodations provided. All team members
are required to have tools and to maintain a valid driver's
license. Drywall finishing, tile installation, and painting trade
skills are a plus. Experience with store remodels, store setup
crews, big-box retail experience, and/or new store openings is
highly desired. Qualifications:
- Practical knowledge and use of hand and power tools.
- Must provide personal tools, i.e., tape measure, box blade,
screwdriver, drills, saws, etc (full tool list will be
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and
be willing to drive up to 750 miles.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Must be capable of working overnight shifts
- Ability/Willing to travel throughout the US when needed (retail
- Ability to perform daily essential physical functions of
lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Professional appearance.
- Must be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Must be able to interact with the general public
- Must be able to complete general paperwork
- Retail (or even residential) remodel experience
- Flooring (VCT,VLT, carpet)
- Electrical disconnects
- Display/Fixture Assembly
- Taping and mudding skills are preferred to a level 4
- Ability to navigate and make changes to an Excel document is a
- Ability to navigate and make changes to a Word document is a
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite is a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints is a plus. Benefits/Company Perks
- Paid time off and Holidays
- 401k Pension Pan with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability and Basic Life 100% employer paid
- Employee Assistance
- Discounts on Travel, Event Tickets and Verizon Wireless
- Training and Development
Keywords: Groom Construction Co., Salem , Carpenters, IT / Software / Systems , Salem, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!