Assistant Project Manager
Company: Groom Construction Co.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Groom Construction is proud to be a family-owned company with a
commitment to our employees that extends beyond "just business". We
are committed to developing happy and healthy employees who are
just as passionate about construction as we are. Groom offers an
array of benefits to ensure you and your future are well cared for.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. Job Assignment: The Assistant Project Manager acts as a
resource to the Project Manager(s) by assisting in the planning,
scheduling, and implementation of the construction process, to help
ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
This position will assist the construction department team to
coordinate, communicate and execute all activities related to the
projects being managed by the construction department. This
includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assist with the project buyout process, in accordance with
company standards and in a timely manner taking into account such
factors as project schedule, submittal review process and long lead
time materials and equipment.
- Coordinate RFI's
- Coordinate the submittal process with the schedule, review
process and material lead times.
- Ensure that all required project documentation is completed in
a timely manner, and maintained in the appropriate master project
files inclusive of Daily reports, accident reports, -subcontractor
logs, submittals, bulletins, drawing logs, sketches and as-built
- Assist with safety and accident reporting as required
- Help enforce all Groom Construction Health and Safety Plan
- Assist with the coordination of deliverables to obtain
necessary permits and licenses and, depending upon the contractual
arrangements, monitoring compliance with building and safety codes
and other regulations
- Assist in the tracking and cost control to avoid cost
- Coordinate, track and receive timely approval of Change
- Assist in the coordination of invoice approvals
- Coordinate timely completion and submission of project invoices
and requisitions to the client.
- Assist in meeting minutes recording and follow-up
- Distribute drawing revisions and address subcontractor
- Assist in the assembly of close-out documents
- Experience working with contracts, plans, and specifications,
and knowledge of construction methods, materials, and
- Familiarity with computers and software programs for job
costing, online collaboration, scheduling and estimating. Procore
experience is a plus.
- The APM must work well under pressure, be flexible and work
effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to coordinate several major activities at once,
while analyzing and resolving specific problems, is essential, as
is an understanding of engineering, architectural, and other
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and
attention to detail
- The APM must be able to establish a good working relationship
with clients, other managers, designers, superintendents, and
- The APM will be required to visit project sites as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable discipline
- 2 - 3 years construction project management experience
- OSHA 10-hr is a plus
- LEED AP is a plus.30 Benefits/Company Perks & Bonuses
- Paid time off and Holidays
- 401k Pension Pan with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability and Basic Life 100% employer paid
- Employee Assistance
- Discounts on Travel, Event Tickets and Verizon Wireless
- Training and Development
- Corporate Gym
- Discretionary End of the Year Bonus
Keywords: Groom Construction Co., Salem , Assistant Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Salem, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!