Campus Executive Chef 2
Company: KLM Careers
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCampus Executive Chef 2Salem, MA 01971
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
The client is seeking an experienced Campus Executive Chef for
Salem State University in Salem, MA The successful Campus Executive
Chef candidate will be responsible for budgets, menu
planning/costing, client interaction, inventory, and guest
interaction. The position will have responsibilities surrounded but
not limited to retail menu development, employee training and
oversight, ordering and inventory control as well as involvement
with catered events, menu planning and execution. High client
interaction. The successful candidate will:
- Implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures
for universities: Catering, Retail menus, LTOS, STG, Mindful,
garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS
sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing
plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness,
safety, and others as needed.
- FMS: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for
- Responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training
for all hourly associates
- Conduct audits and create action plans based on findings
- Responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items.
Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus
based on client needs; implement innovative and fresh ideas in
retail.Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for
candidates who have:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to
stay current with new culinary trends;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability
to maintain the highest of standards and implements company
- Management skills and previous experience working in a
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale
- Experience leading and engaging a culinary team
- Menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current
- Proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven
- Forecasting, food-cost management, purchasing, inventory and
labor management concepts
- The ability to successfully lead, develop and train a
teamExperienced Executive Chefs with excellent business acumen and
professional polish are encouraged to apply.Requirements1.
Executive chef experience2. Financial management, specifically
related to food and labor costs3. Experience directing cooks and
other staff4. University or higher education experience - NICE TO
HAVE5. Experience working with union employees - NICE TO HAVE6.
Degree in Culinary Arts or Similar - NICE TO HAVE7. Must be a US
Citizen or Green Card holder.
Keywords: KLM Careers, Salem , Campus Executive Chef 2, Hospitality & Tourism , Salem, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!