Administrative Assistant (PSR), North Shore Float
Company: Spaulding Hospital North Shore(SRN and SNS)
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionPrimary Work Location: providing administrative
support throughout the Spaulding North Shore Outpatient
CentersSchedule: Monday - Friday (40 hrs.)
Oversee and perform all activities associated with the outpatient
registration service and scheduling of outpatients including
supporting all other front office staff. Coordinate and complete
demographic and insurance intake, computerized registration,
scheduling of patients and verifying the patient's insurance
coverage with a customer service oriented approach. Orient patients
to the center and coordinate additional patient services as
- Support is provided to other center team members by answering
phones, assisting customers, and fulfilling any cross trained
- Support is provided to other staff to ensure effective
orientation and continuous development to achieve performance
- Scheduling status is maintained daily and potential problems
are addressed with corrective actions.
- Patient pre-registration, registration, insurance verification,
and scheduling are completed per center standards.
- Patients are greeted, assisted and appropriate staff notified
of patient arrival.
- Administrative duties such as answering the phone, confirming
appointments, supporting insurance requirements processes,
photocopying, typing, faxing, inventory of supplies, sorting mail
and handling other administrative duties are completed per center
- Medical record setup, maintenance, and discharge are completed
per center guidelines in a timely manner.
- Monthly patient satisfaction questionnaires are processed for
current patients according to center standards.
- Customer service delivery is carried out to achieve stated
- Insurance approvals and documentation are recorded in the
medical record and computer system in accordance with center
- Therapy charges are entered and reconciled as assigned.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
- High school graduate required.Preferred
- Associate's degree in medical administrationExperiencePreferred
- Two years experience in a medical/physicians office setting
and/or experience with insurance benefits preferred.Skills
(Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer
skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)Required
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.Preferred
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills,
working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies
for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
- Attention to detail.
EEO Statement Spaulding Rehabilitation is an Affirmative Action
Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we
choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed,
national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual
orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other
status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals
with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Partner's Healthcare is acting as an
Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: Spaulding Hospital North Shore(SRN and SNS), Salem , Administrative Assistant (PSR), North Shore Float, Administration, Clerical , Salem, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!